When it comes to finding the best gymnastics insurance for your business there are many options out there. Between all of the technical jargon and sales professionals, the water can get muddy very quickly leaving you unsure of what to do when it comes to insuring your gymnastics center.
In this guide, we hope to help gym owners better understand what insurance companies are best for their specific needs and financial situation. See our list below for the 10 best options selected by actual gym owners and by their popularity in the gymnastics space.
10. American Specialty Express
American Specialty Express is an insurance provider that covers a wide variety of events, sports, and facilities. Gymnastics insurance is listed as one of their specialties covering all similar activities including tumbling, cheerleading, dance, martial arts aerobics/exercise classes, and more. Facilities with ancillary trampolines, inflatables, overnight lock-ins, birthday parties, and day camps/competitions.
Their prices vary based on what services you require but their plans start at $452. For more detailed information check out their sign-up page here to get a custom quote in minutes.
4.1 stars, 33 reviews on Google
XINSURANCE is a great company that offers a wide variety of personal and commercial insurance options. They specialize in drafting customized liability coverage that covers your specific needs as a gymnastics business owner. To get a custom quote click here to see their sales page. They offer coverage plans for the following:
- Commercial general liability – Protects against general third-party bodily injury and property damage claims
- Property coverage – Protecting the gym building and its contents including your necessary equipment
- Special events – Such as meets that take place in your gym
- Alleged sexual abuse and molestation liability: Covers you if a student or family member makes allegations of sexual misconduct against you or an employee.
- Alleged assault and battery liability: Provides liability coverage for injuries sustained by third parties as a result of fights or acts of violence.
- Professional liability – Covers mistakes or errors that you might make
- Individual liability: Offers personal liability protection for the gym owner.
One last note to include is that this company does not provide workers comp so that will need to be found elsewhere when choosing this option.
4.4 stars, 35 reviews on Google
8. Kulin-Sohn Insurance Agency
Kulin-Sohn Insurance Agency is a great option for any gymnastics center looking for insurance coverage. This company specializes in gymnastics and cheerleading. This means that they will be able to address your unique concerns and better understand your needs than other companies that may be larger but service a wider demographic. It all comes down to what you are looking for most in an insurance company and if you want more specialized one on one expertise this company knows how to help.
Best of all one of the owners Mark Sohn was a seasoned gymnast that competed in men’s gymnastics at Penn State for four years at the NCAA Nationa Championships and as a finalist at several World Gymnastics Championships. It is helpful to have someone with this background in gymnastics be in your corner to advise and help you through setting up your business insurance. To apply online click here to be taken to their signup page.
Kulin-Sohn covers the following risks:
- Bodily Injury & Property Damage
- Contractual Liability
- Professional Liability
- Products & Completed Operations
- Legal Liability To Participants
7. Dance Studio Insurance
Dance Studio Insurance is a great company that specializes in all fitness classes ranging from dance to pilates and gymnastics. Its main offerings are fairly niched into the acrobatic space serving many small studios and mid-sized gyms. They offer packages to cover your General Liability, Accident Medical, and Property Insurance.
Additionally, this company has plans available for the following class types:
- Mommy & Me/Parent Tot
- Rhythmic gymnastics
- Pre-school gymnastics
- Birthday parties
- Day camps
- Day competitions
- Trampolines, with usage rules posted
- Inflatables, e.g., a tumble track
Premiums start at just $775 but may be contingent on your years of experience managing a gymnastics facility. To see their full list of benefits click here to view their signup page and get a quote.
6. K & K Insurance
K & K is an insurance company that specializes in insuring fun events including sports, events, products, and entertainment. However, they have a great package offered to gymnastics clubs and Cheer clubs that is provided by an A+ rated carrier. This company’s eligible operations include:
- Artistic gymnastics
- Competitive gymnastics
- Group gymnastics
- Mobile gymnastics programs
- Mommy & Me/”Me & My Pal”/”Parent Tot”
- Motor skills development programs
- Pre-school gymnastics
- Recreational gymnastics
- Rhythmic gymnastics
- Sports acrobatics (USAG sanctioned)
- Trampolines (instruction/training classes programs only)
- Tumble buses
- Ninja Zone®
In order to see a detailed quote from this company click here to get a custom quote for your gymnastics center.
3.7 stars, 20 reviews on Google
5. Sadler Sports & Recreation Insurance
Just as the name would suggest Sadler specializes in all things sports and recreation so they will have a good understanding of your specific business. Additionally, their coverage is provided by a carrier rated A+ (Superior). They offer a great selection of coverage to fit your individual needs including:
- General Aggregate of 5,000,000 per owned location
- Legal Liability to Participants: $1,000,000
- Professional Liability: $1,000,000
- Personal/Advertising Injury $1,000,000
- Legal Liability to Participants: $1,000,000
- Damage To Premises Rented to You: $300,000
- And much more, higher limits are available as well if needed
Sadler is a great option for any gym out there. To get started in their program sign up by clicking here to get a quote from them directly.
4. The Snow Group, LTD
The Snow Group is another great option that several gyms reported currently using and recommended for other gymnastics owners. They have over 40 years of experience helping gymnastics centers just like yours to ensure that you are properly protected from risk. This company is very niched to mostly just gymnastics and Dance studios and has a great breakdown of their general liability.
General Liability Limits:
- $1,000,000 Occurrence
- $5,000,000 General Aggregate (applies per team)
- $5,000,000 Products-Completed Operations Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Personal and Advertising Injury
- $1,000,000 Damage to Premises Rented to You
- $2,000 Medical Payments
- Participant Legal Liability Included
- Additional business property coverage can be added if requested
Accident Medical Options:
- $25,000 per person Excess Accident medical limit is standard, with optional $50,000 and $100,000 limits also available.
- $100 deductible applies per person per occurrence.
- $10,000 per person of Accident Death & Dismemberment Limit included for all options.
- A benefit period is 52 weeks.
To see their full list of policy information click here to sign up and get a custom quote created for your gymnastics center.
5 stars, 3 reviews on Facebook
3. Markel Insurance
Markel Insurance is a larger company that covers a much wider demographic. They help to insure everything from Sports to medical practices, farms, and educational services. However, don’t let this large net of service turn you away as they do an excellent job serving their customer and providing amazing pricing. This company has an amazing rating on Google despite its massive size and span of expertise. The Markel Group Inc is a Fortune 500 corporation that has insured over 6,700 sports and fitness organizations and counting.
General Liability Coverage:
- $500,000 per occurrence/$1.5 million aggregate*
- $1 million per occurrence/$3 million aggregate*
Accident Medical (your choice of 3 limits)
- To cover your owned or rented building
- Business personal property and equipment
- Business income if your school is temporarily closed due to a covered loss
- System breakdown
To see their full list of offerings click here to request a custom quote for your gymnastics center.
4.8 stars, 976 reviews on Google!
2. Foy – Amerikids Gymnastics Insurance
Foy is an excellent insurance provider that has been recommended time and time again. Their Amerikids Gymnastics program is one of three specialized programs offered and its coverage is one of the best available covering practically everything that your gym could need all in one place. Here is their impressive list of gymnastics program advantages:
Amerikids Gymnastics Program Advantages:
- A lower liability premium that uses group rates, and an individual 3 million dollar aggregate limit. We include Youth and Adults.
- Amerikids include Professional Liability
- Sexual Abuse coverage up to $100,000 aggregate, $25,000 per occurrence.
- Amerikids has excess coverage on USAG events
- Amerikids includes up to (2) entertainment inflatables – at No additional charge
- Optional coverages for Worker’s compensation, auto, contents, buildings, crime, cyber, and flood in most states.
To top it all off Amerikids Insurance Companies are A-rated approved carriers. In order to get a custom quote click here to view their full sales page.
5.0 stars, 12 reviews on Google
1. AthleticsICC Insurance Services
Last but certainly not least we have AthleticsICC Insurance Services. This company is the most recommended gymnastics insurance company that I have heard and for good reason. Their team is filled with experts in gymnastics as well as in insurance. Of the eight team members listed in their business six of them have been a high-level-coach or competitive gymnasts, even Olympic gymnasts. So they certainly know what they are talking about when it comes to gymnastics, it would be difficult to find a team much more knowledgeable than this.
They offer all of the following and much more to help you run your gym without fear:
- General Liability – Gymnastics, Cheer, Dance, Ninja & Adult Ninja, Parkour, Obstacle Training, Martial Arts, Circus and more…
- Property – Building and/or Equipment Coverage
- Workers Compensation
- Sports Accident Coverage for Athletes
- Special Event Insurance
- Seasonal Athletic Camp Insurance
- Day Cares and Preschools
- Management Liability including Employment Practices, Cyber and Directors/Officers
- And so much more
To take advantage of this amazing service just click here to see their insurance page and get a custom quote for your gym.
We hope that this guide helped you to find the perfect insurance provider for your gymnastics center. There are many many more out there so do not stop at just this list if you would like to research further. These are just the best that I have seen recommended, and found through searching.
For more information on starting up a new gym make sure to check out our extensive guide into how to start a gymnastics center.
We wish you the best of luck setting up your business insurance and hopefully you will be able to sleep with the peace of mind that one of these providers has your back if anything ever goes wrong.